Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cooking For Others

I just finished my Chicken Soup, which I'll be taking over to a family whose wife/mother just recently had ankle surgery. I have only met her once, they are in our homeschool group. Why did I capitalize chicken soup? I have no idea. Maybe because it's been such an issue with me all day, a Bid Deal, to the point of being anxious. I did give it up to God and am trusting Him to bless it.

I can't believe that I have been feeling nervous about cooking this meal. She does have some food allergies so I had to keep those in mind. But, I found myself feeling the urge to cook the chicken soup. Even though I stressed out about it a bit and actually made a decision to change the menu to Chicken Stir-fry with Rice, at the last minute I had to go back to the original plan. It seemed that I was just supposed to cook this food, ha! I did pray about it and certainly feel that this must be His leading, for whatever reason. I am hoping that I will be able to "see" why it must be the chicken soup. :) I'll be taking fresh bread along with it. I tossed the idea of salad around in my mind (no pun intended) but again, for some reason I am not compelled to do the salad. I'm going to bake some brownies in the morning to add as a sweet little treat.

Today has been a busy day. Actually, the past two weeks have been very busy, and I have still not recovered...I'm so tired, and to avoid falling asleep on my keyboard, I'm heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not a Survivor

(I originally wrote this within the first 6 months after my daughter's death. I didn't post it then, I don't remember why.  I...