Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sporty Santa

Here are the Bucilla Sport Santa stockings I did for a customer over the holidays. I had never done these before and once I had started them I realized I had grossly underestimated the amount of time involved in sewing these. There's no way, just by looking at them, that you can even begin to imagine how much work is involved. I had consulted a seamstress who regularly assembles these for customers so that I could get an idea of how much to charge for my time. But, according to the time she gave me for how long it takes her, she must either be very fast at hand sewing or I am very, very slow. (maybe as slow as I am at getting my project photos uploaded.)





When I finally finished them I felt like I needed to celebrate, but everyone in my home was sleeping and so I had to be satisfied with a quiet little "Yay!" from myself and the satisfaction of a job completed. The customer was very satisfied and even complimented my stitching, so I was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not a Survivor

(I originally wrote this within the first 6 months after my daughter's death. I didn't post it then, I don't remember why.  I...