Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Is All You Need...

On a day when our American world is consumed with the idea of love, I can't help but think of the love our gracious Father and beautiful Savior show to us eternally and infinitely.

Just a few expressions for the day:
"There are three things that amaze me....no four things, I cannot comprehend:
the way of an eagle in the sky,
the way of a snake upon a rock,
the way of a ship on the high seas,
the way a man loves a woman. "
                ~Agur, son of Jakeh (Prov. 30: 18,19)
 
  "A bowl of vegetables with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate."  ~Prov. 15:17
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."  ~John 15:17 
"...and above all, love each other earnestly because the love shall cover a multitude of sins."  ~1 Peter 4:8 
 "Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law."  ~Romans 13:8
"Dear friends, let us love one another for love is from God and anyone who is loving is born of God, and knows Him."  ~1 John 4:7 
 "I have found the paradox that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love."  ~Mother Teresa
"A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as the sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world.  It was a perfect act."  ~Mahatma Gandhi
"This is how God loved the world, He sent His only Son..."  ~the apostle John


"And now these things remain, faith, hope, and love -- but the greatest of these is love."  ~the apostle Paul

 And now one of my all time favorite expressions of love:
This is from a card my son made for me and gave to me after I was out of town visiting my daughters....

 
And under the picture he wrote, "If there was a love-o-meter it would go all the way around the world from me to you."  :)  Heartmelting

Oh, and I almost forgot this last little tidbit of wisdom...

:))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not a Survivor

(I originally wrote this within the first 6 months after my daughter's death. I didn't post it then, I don't remember why.  I...