Sunday, February 20, 2011

Meatball Dinner



Meatballs, gravy, carrots and broccoli, and bread and butter.  This was dinner tonight.

It seemed like I spent a lot of time in the kitchen today, cooking, cleaning, doing something...piddling around.  So, when I got that food on the plate it made me happy to think that it was the last meal of the day and I sighed a little sigh, thinking I was glad to get it done.  (I currently have beans cooking on the stove for tomorrow - so, I'm not completely done in the kitchen)

I don't know what it is but it there is always something going on in our kitchen.  Whether it's cooking, cleaning, preparing, baking, making food for the dogs, whatever, there is a constant flow of activity in there and it just never quite gets completely cleaned up and put away. 

I found this button awhile ago and I absolutely love it.  It really could be me on that button, although, I must admit I don't look that put together when I go to bed.  :)

It says, "I dreamed my whole house was clean..."
...and what a beautiful dream that was.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not a Survivor

(I originally wrote this within the first 6 months after my daughter's death. I didn't post it then, I don't remember why.  I...