Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Strange How My Brain Works

     I have been sitting up reading and doing some writing.  Everyone else has gone to bed and it just dawned on me that, somewhere in the back of my mind, I have been waiting for my 18yr. old daughter to call me to tell me she's on her way home or ask me to pick her up - and that's not going to happen.  It's strange how I know she's moved but part of me is still thinking that she's here.  We are such creatures of habit.  I wish I had more good habits programmed into me than I do.  Ah, well....  :)

2 comments:

  1. I left home at 18, just thinking about your post. Wow, that was a long time ago. I was upset at my Mom at the time because she wanted me to stay home but nagged at me incessantly. I don't think she meant to, she was just frustrated with her own life. I left to follow my boyfriend at the time who was joining the RCMP. I lived on my own, had my own apt. and a job. Looking back, wish I'd stayed home.
    I'm sure your daughter will be fine. Your daughter sounds independent like I was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clara, I appreciate your comments. :) I think she'll be fine too. It's hard to do but we have to give them the freedom to grow up.

    ReplyDelete

Not a Survivor

(I originally wrote this within the first 6 months after my daughter's death. I didn't post it then, I don't remember why.  I...