Thursday, February 3, 2011

My New Iron!

It's pretty sad knowing that a new iron is so exciting to me.  Can ya tell, I don't get out much?

Well, my daughter accidently dropped my old iron recently while helping me move my sewing and craft stuff down to the basement.  I had only had that iron for about 4 months and it was the first "nice" iron I had ever owned.  I was so happy with it.  It was a Black & Decker "Classic" - nice and heavy, big metal bottom - kind of like an old school iron.  I guess that's why they named it the "Classic".  I had gotten it on sale at Kmart and it was definitely the best iron I've used since I've been married.

Well, I was so sad when my sweet daughter unintentionally broke it.  I knew it was going to cost more moolah than I'd have available to replace it.  I didn't want to replace it with a cheap "waste of my time" iron - been there, done that.  I did check around and couldn't find a decent one for under $30.  Which may not seem like much, but definitely more $ than I could afford at present.  So, I just put it off and waited.

Well, this evening, my hubby and I were running an errand and I just asked him to stop by this store which I see all the time but have never entered...I wanted to know what it was all about.  It's called "Deals" but each time I've passed it I've never had the time to stop.  So, anyway, we stopped.  Basically, it's just a big "Family Dollar" store under a different name.  We walked around and picked up a few things.  And on the way to the checkout I saw this iron - well, actually I saw two irons.  One was a small lightweight iron, which I knew wouldn't do me any good and it was $10.  But then next to it, was this big, heavy duty iron and it was only $5 more!  WHAT?!!  I couldn't believe it!  My pulse began to race and my heart skipped a beat.  That iron was calling my name.  (sad, yes, very sad)  There was only 1 left and we scooped it up pronto, bought it, and carefully carried it home.  At home, I showed the kids my new find and announced that they could all look but not touch.  They were cool with that, and strangely not as interested or excited as I was. 

Isn't she a beauty?

And red is my favorite color!

So shiny and bright!   


I can literally see myself in that sole plate.

It's a Black & Decker First Impressions Iron

Stainless Steel SolePlate, Steam Surge and Spray Mist, Vertical Steam, 3-Way Auto Shutoff, Auto Clean System, Large Water Tank, and Retractable Cord.  Yay!

I'm going on about it, I know, but it's so hard to sew without a good iron - and a good iron makes quite a difference.  And it was such a great deal!  Only $15!  *sigh*  (yes, I'm smiling as I type this - how pathetic am I?)

I have tried it out and so far, so good. 

I am a simple, simple, woman and apparently quite easy to please.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not a Survivor

(I originally wrote this within the first 6 months after my daughter's death. I didn't post it then, I don't remember why.  I...